Date completed: 29th March 2023
My contact details
Name: Catriona Silvey
Address: PO Box 28684, Edinburgh, EH4 9GP, UK
E-mail: Use my contact form
The type of personal information I collect
I currently collect and process the following information:
- E-mail address
How I get the personal information and why I have it
The personal information is provided to me directly by you for the purpose of receiving newsletter emails. I use the information that you have given me in order to send you newsletter emails.
I use Mailchimp to manage my newsletter. This means that your email address will be stored on their servers and they will act as a processor of your data, in accordance with Mailchimp's Data Processing policy.
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful basis I rely on for processing this information is your consent. You are able to withdraw your consent at any time. You can do this by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any newsletter email, or by submitting a request to unsubscribe using my contact form.
How I store your personal information
Your information is securely stored in my Mailchimp account, in accordance with Mailchimp's Data Processing policy. I keep your email address for as long as you remain subscribed to my newsletter. If you unsubscribe, I will permanently delete your email from my Mailchimp account.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask me for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask me to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask me to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask me to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask me to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to withdraw consent - You have the the right to withdraw consent to the processing of your personal information.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that I transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, I have one month to respond to you.
Please use my contact form if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about my use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to me using my contact form.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how I have used your data.
The ICO's address: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk